Thursday, February 12, 2009

Amazon.com + Subterranean Press = Bankruptcy


I think I’m late to the party, how come no one told me about this?

Amazon.com the bastion of bibliophiles has some killer deals on Subterranean Press books.

I just picked up a signed limited edition Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon for $47.50, that’s more than $25.00 off the cover price.

Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon


Here are a few more of the deals:

Drood by Dan Simmons

If you're interested in this one you might want to try to get your order in now as Subterranean Press is stating on their website that they'll be cutting orders to large wholesalers and online retailers.

The Steel Remains by Richard K. Morgan


Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis

Project Moonbase and Others by Robert A. Heinlein


Most of Subterranean Press's current catalog as well as preorders are on amazon.com so do a quick search and see if you can't save yourself some cash.

I on the other hand think I’m going to cry. I love supporting local businesses as Subterranean Press is about a hour down the road from me but I also love getting new books. With all the money I could save shopping on Amazon I could’ve saved some serious dough to buy more books. Oh well better to show up to the party fashionably late than not at all.

Has anyone else been buying their Subterranean Books through amazon.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment